Monday, March 14, 2011

A Ready-For-Spring Dinner

We've recently been having some spurts of "warm" weather, which just makes me itch for spring. Don't get me wrong, I love the winter. And the snow. And the cold. I really do... But I am ready for it to be over. Usually by the middle of February it can't leave faster. And so far we've made it about halfway through March with no snow! My spring fever has started to effect my dinner planning... Like this one, made of 3 separate parts that were delicious together...


 Part 1: Cheesy Bread! (Don't worry, the rest of the meal is healthy!!)
  • Cut off a few slices of Italian bread. (I used the classic rustic -- from Eataly, of course.)
  • Put a little margarine on top with garlic powder and pepper and then stick them in the toaster oven. (Make sure you put the bread on tin foil because after the cheese gets added it can get messy.)
  • When the garlic bread is just about finished, add chopped/shredded cheese on top. I used sharp cheddar and a garlic-basil cheddar (amazing). Toast until the cheese is good and bubbly.
Part 2: Chicken Sausages
Part 3: Vegetables
  • I had some leftover green beans (with garlic, balsamic vinegar & olive oil) and combined them with pretty much all the other veggies I had: tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper and some sauteed zucchini. (Super easy: chop the zucchini, heat olive oil in a pan, add zucchini and some garlic and S&P, cook until a little browned/soft.)
  • Toss all the veggies together in a bowl with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I served them as is, at room temperature, but they'd be equally delicious hot or cold.
 ⚡

No comments:

Post a Comment