Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Healthy Brownies Turned Naughty

My following brownie recipe (yes, it includes measurements!) is adapted from this clone recipe of No Pudge brownies (which I've actually never tried). I originally wanted to make s'mores brownies, but I had a strange adventure with graham cracker products and somehow ended up leaving the store with a box of crackers I mistook for grahams. So the grahams got substituted for peanuts and the rocky road brownie was born in my kitchen:



What You'll Need:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
  • 2-3 tablespoons fat free half & half (this I didn't measure -- just splashed it in because the batter was wwaayyy too thick)
  • 1 block of unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped/shaved
  • Fluff (about half a jar)
  • Peanuts (I dipped into the cocktail peanuts jar, but toasted or dry roasted would be great)
  • 1 bar of chocolate of your choice -- this was my choice


Put it All Together:
  • Mix dry ingredients.
  • Stir in yogurt, half & half and baking chocolate.
  • Spread half the batter into small greased baking dish.
  • Spread Fluff over batter and sprinkle peanuts over it.
  • Spread the last of the batter on top. (It's okay if Fluff and peanuts show through!! Better, actually.)
  • Break up your chocolate bar and place sporadically on top.
  • Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes. 
  • Try to let them cool for at least 10 minutes before you dig in. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment