Monday, March 14, 2011

A Beast of a Cookie

When I saw the recipe for Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies a while back, I knew I'd be making them... I just needed an excuse. And I think a birthday care package for a best friend is the perfect one.

The best caption to the original recipe for these cookies I saw was, "Because sometimes you just need a cookie inside your cookie." And it's true. I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it my own and, of course, didn't really measure out the differences... But since it's baking I'll try my best to record my steps. (Oh and the original maker of these cookies said she got 2 dozen cookies... I only managed to get about 14. Sized for giants.)

What You'll Need*:

  • 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips. I prefer Nestle, but really any will do.
  • The recipe for chocolate chip cookies on the back of said package and all ingredients listed there. With the addition of cocoa powder.
  • A bunch of Oreos. I used reduced fat, but... come on... like it matters.
 *Note: I originally wanted to use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips because I looovvve peanut butter and Oreos, but they didn't have any at my grocery store. Sad.


Put it All Together:
  • Follow directions on the back of the chocolate chip bag making the following amendments:
    • Use 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar
    • Add about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to dry ingredients
  • Put batter in the fridge for about 10 minutes and preheat the oven to 350.  
  • Take a bunch of Oreos out of their package (You don't want to be reaching in there with batter all over your hands.)

  • Now basically what you're going to do is wrap an Oreo cookie with your cookie batter.
  • It works best if you cover the bottom first, then the top, sealing the sides up. As you do this you will realize just how beastly huge these cookies are going to be. 

  • Bake for about 20 minutes... or until they look done. 


I think sending these cookies out as a birthday present will more than make up for the fact that the package will be over a week late! You're welcome, Melanie. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment